Feeling disconnected can show up in many different relationships in your life. You may find yourself continuing to take up familiar – and often painful – roles in groups, including family of origin, work groups, and social groups. It could be difficult to cope with group interactions, leaving you feeling disconnected from yourself as well as others. Group Therapy could be the answer for you,
MBC provides a safe space to explore the struggles in your relationships. We can help you identify patterns, find support in a group setting, and learn new ways of thinking about yourself. Group psychotherapy gives you the opportunity to interact with others and develop new ways of coping that lead you to stronger communication skills and more effective ways to navigate through the demands that are placed on you by yourself or your environment.
- Supportive Environment: Participants can share experiences and receive support from others facing similar challenges.
- Diverse Perspectives: Group members bring different perspectives, providing insights and solutions that may not be apparent in individual therapy.
- Skill Building: It offers opportunities to practice communication, interpersonal, and coping skills in a safe setting.
- Reduced Isolation: Participants often feel less alone in their struggles, reducing feelings of isolation.
- Cost-Effective: It’s often more affordable than individual therapy, making mental health support accessible to more people.
- Feedback and Validation: Receiving feedback and validation from peers can boost self-esteem and confidence.
- Social Learning: Observing others’ progress and strategies can inspire personal growth and change.
- Real-life Interaction: It simulates real-life social interactions, helping individuals develop and improve social skills.
- Empathy and Compassion: Group members can develop empathy and compassion by understanding others’ experiences.
- Long-Term Benefits: Group therapy can lead to lasting positive changes in personal relationships and overall well-being.
MBC Group Therapy Financial Policy
Groups require weekly attendance and are charged even if you do not attend. Our Financial Policy states “I understand that all group therapy sessions at MBC require a commitment of weekly attendance. I understand that my insurance can not be billed if I do not attend the session. As a result, you will be charged a $30 fee for any groups that you do not attend, with or without notice.”
GROUP THERAPY SCHEDULE
LGBTQIA+ Interpersonal Process Group
TUESDAY MIDDAY PROCESS & SUPPORT GROUP
MEN’S INTERPERSONAL PROCESS GROUP
WEDNESDAY 12:00 PM-1:15 PM
MIDDAY PROCESSING GROUP
WEDNESDAY 12:00 PM-1:15 PM
WOMEN’S RESILIENCE GROUP
MIXED GENDER GROUP FOR TRAUMA & RECOVERY
All GENDER GROUP FOR TRAUMA & RECOVERY
Eating Disorder Support for the Holidays
8 Weeks starting Nov 8, 2023
RECOVERY ROAD GROUP
THURSDAY 12PM – 1:15PM
Interpersonal Process Groups
CHILDREN OF IMMIGRANTS PROCESS GROUP
DBT SKILLS MIXED GENDER GROUP
SATURDAY 10:00AM – 11:15AM
DBT PROCESSING MIXED GENDER GROUP
SATURDAY 12:00PM – 1:15PM